Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: Essential Honey & Shea Mask!

I was on the hunt for a lovely hair mask because I color my hair every three or four months and it kills my ends. I heard a lot of good things about one called the Essential Honey & Shea mask from a few people. Even Bubzbeauty has mentioned it as one of her favorites so I needed to try it. She said she ordered it off a website called Sasa.com which is actually very popular. Its almost like the Sephora of the Asian community but they just have a way better online store with odd and cheap things. The price fluctuates sometimes on Sasa but I have never seen it over $10.00 but you can check out the link below for the current price.

Click here to visit more info

I must say I really enjoy this product. I have tried several masks in the past and and usually they just end up weighing my hair down and not much else. After just one use of this mask my hair felt hydrated but I didn't feel like I had excess product in my hair. The best results I had with this product is when I used the Lush Godiva shampoo bar. The rich shea products in the shampoo really boosted the power of this shea mask in my opinion.

The smell doesn't bother me and its not a bad smell its just kind of off to me. The consistency is creamy and thick as expected and it is a peachy shade. You get a fair amount of product too (200g) and a little does go a long way. It spreads easily throughout the hair so you don't need much. My only problem with this product is I cannot find a complete list of ingredients in English. The Sasa website only says there is shea butter and sunflower oil which obviously there are a crap load more than that.

Overall I do believe I will repurchase this and the rest of the line too because they also have great reviews so I am very interested. When I do get my hands on that I will let you know what I think!

Overall I give this one an A
Pros: moisturizing, nourishing, works with my hair type (wavy, medium course hair with dry ends), price, doesn't weigh hair down, great texture
Cons: have to get online, label is in another language, smell is weird but not offensive

<33 Caraalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment