Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: XOut Wash in treatment from makers of Proactive!

I was a bit hesitant to try this product because I did not have a good experience with the original Proactive kit and I knew that this product is from the makers of Proactive. I have to say overall I am very happy with this product so far. I received this in my Holiday Influenster Voxbox which is a great opportunity to discover new products. Its also 100% FREE!!! Check it out if you like free stuff :) This was my favorite thing I got in my box also!



This product can be used as an everyday cleanser, a mask, and a spot treatment. This is amazing for traveling and you have more options for whatever problems your face has going on at the time.

Packaging is lovely. It has a pump at the top and is in a white bottle. The pump dispenses the perfect amount for me. The formula is white and has small granules...almost like a micro-dermabrasion cleanser would have. It has a pleasant smell and nothing chemical about it.

The way I like to use this is with my Clarisonic Plus on the low setting. One pump is enough for me and once I clean my face I feel so refreshed and rejuvenated and leaves my skin beautiful and I love the cooling sensation. My skin does not feel as dry as some other acne treatments washes which is a bonus. I do prefer to use a moisturizer afterwards.



I think this product is GOLD with spot treating. When I received this I actually had a massive, painful period pimple coming though on my chin and I was so excited when I found out that this was also a spot treatment. So I actually took a cotton tip and just dug a little bit of product out from the opening of the pump and that was enough to top off the pimple. I then took one of those circular bandages and stuck that on along with a tiny bit of vitamin E (to prevent dryness) and left that on overnight. The instructions say to leave on for only 10 minutes but I was miserable with this pimple. It did cause some unwanted redness/irritation but my pimple went completely flat and I did not flake. Even though my pimple went away I wont do it again just because I had the redness and irritation. Thats what I get for not following directions though. I mean with other spot treatments I usually experience flaky skin so I am thrilled this didn't turn my skin into sandpaper! For smaller blemishes I actually followed the directions to only leave this on for 10 minutes and it still works like a charm. I have yet to use this as a mask though but as soon as I do I will give an update!



Overall I give this one an A
Pros: smell, exfoliation properties, acne treatment, 3 products in one, packaging, less drying than other acne treatments, good for travel, refreshing feel
Cons: have to order online


<33 Caraalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment