Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: NYC New York Color Liquid Lip Shine

Let me start off by saying that I am not a huge fan of lip gloss at all. I own maybe two lip glosses in my collection and I barely touch them. I would much rather have lip sticks and that is just that! I just have not found a lip gloss that I feel actually looks good on me and that does not bother me with stickiness. So this isn't going to be a comparison at all, just my initial thoughts coming from an inexperienced lip gloss wearer.

I received some complimentary products (yes, 100% FREE) in my Holiday Voxbox and this was one of the things out of many that I was sent. I was excited because I do want to start appreciating lip gloss more so this was one of the first things I tried.

Packaging: Its just an average lip gloss packaging with a clear base to see the color and a black top. Nothing spectacular. It has a doe foot applicator which was a bit strange to me. I don't know if its just because I don't have a lot of experience with lip gloss but the doe foot is pretty long in my opinion. It is a lot longer than any other wand I have seen. It almost is too long because when I put this on I feel like I am almost getting product inside my lips. I have to remind myself to be careful when I put this on. For a person with larger lips they may not have a problem.

Formula and color: Aside from the awkward applicator I do really love the color I received. It is called Nude York City. On the lip without any lip stick it leaves a slightly nude tint with a subtle shimmer. Its quite beautiful on its own but I like to use it on top of my Loreal Fairest Nude lipstick. I like the formula its a bit thicker than the glosses I have used before and it is not sticky. I like the thicker formula because it stays on longer and doesn't flatten out my lips which is a problem I usually have with gloss. It keeps my pucker pouty. When it wears it does leave a kind of stickiness to the lip but I think that it normal. The smell is also really nice. It almost has a vanilla smell with a bit of sweetness but it is not offensive or overpowering in any way. If you are sensitive to smell I would go visit a drugstore and check it out for yourself :)

<33 Caraalisa

You can visit NYC at http://www.newyorkcolor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment