Monday, December 26, 2011

Review: Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

I actually also received this product free with my Clarisonic Plus purchase along with a bunch of other goodies. I don't normally gravitate towards these type of cleansers just because I have had bad luck with gel like cleansers like this one in the past. Usually they dry out my skin and give me a tight feeling which I hate so I like to use a good cream cleanser instead. I thought I would give this a go because A. it was free (worth $22) and B. because its a pretty color and smells so refreshing. Other than than I wasn't too excited about it to be honest.

Product info is all here

First off, I think that the name of this product is misleading. They should cut out the word foaming and just call it fabulous because honestly it doesn't foam at all. I couldn't get a lather out of this with my hands if I tried. I thought it was maybe because they skipped using a sulfate but then I checked the ingredients and turns out Sodium Laureth Sulfate is the second ingredient which is lame. When I tried it with my Clarisonic it did lather just a tiny bit but not everyone has a Clarisonic to work up some suds with. Even though this doesn't dry out my skin I do still need a moisturizer afterwards. I believe that this can work for all skin types but it will not help with acne control.

Even though it didn't live up to its fabulous foaming promises I was happy with the results of this. It has very fine granules to lightly exfoliate which is great for sensitive skin. I don't think this can replace a regular exfoliation routine but its great for keeping dead skin cells away. My favorite thing about this is the smell though. It is so refreshing. It reminds me of being on the beach for some reason but its not a tropical smell. Its just a very clean scent and doesn't smell like any other face wash I have tried so far. Its also rather thin in consistency so it spreads easily on the skin and does a nice job at cleansing. The packaging is also very nice with a pump and a cute see though bottle.

I do not think that I will be buying this again. Although I do enjoy it and will use it til' the end, I don't think it is worth the price at all. I feel like I can get the same results with my favorite St. Ives green tea cleanser which gives me the same refreshing feeling with no dryness. Its just an average cleanser to me and I would much rather buy a high end moisturizer if I were to splurge. 

Overall I give this a B+
Pros: smell, packaging, exfoliation properties, not drying
Cons: price, doesn't foam well

<33 Caraalisa


No comments:

Post a Comment