Monday, December 26, 2011

Review: Korres 24 hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream

I got this free with my Clarisonic Plus purchase at Sephora and I was just so thrilled because I love Korres products so much. I was also interested in trying a more higher end moisturizer for the winter time because I have more dryness than usual around this time of year. This also had vitamin-C formulated into it which is exactly what I am looking for to keep my glow :)

Click here for product info!

According to Sephora:
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
 ^^ Which is awesome!


My first impression is that this is a very light moisturizer that goes on pretty thin without leaving the face greasy. It doesn't smell much like rose to me only a faint smell I suppose but nothing offensive. It soaks into the skin very quickly. It almost soaks in too fast to me because sometimes it seems like it just disappears on my skin completely. Although when it does dry it leaves the skin very silky. I assumed this was a night cream because no SPF but boy was I wrong...

A huge con about this product is that it did not specify anywhere that I could find whether it was a day or night cream. I had to test this out as both before I decided this must be a day cream which is rather inconvenient as a shopper. For under makeup I think this performs great with my skin because of how sheer it is. The fact that this soaks in so well is great for doing makeup in a rush because I don't have to wait ten minutes after I apply like other day creams I use. Just remember to not skip an SPF with this because it is for sure lacking in that department. One more con is the packaging. It does not come with a pump because its in a lame glass jar so you have to make sure to wash your hands before digging in!

I don't think that it is rich enough to be a night cream especially if you have dry areas. I had some dry patches on my chin and I had to put on a thicker cream on those areas because they just soaked up the Korres and my chin still felt dry. The only way I could make this work is to put one layer on let that dry then put on a second layer. That way I feel like it could better perform as a night time cream even though its not even that great when I do it that way. For someone who already has oily skin and they don't want anything heavy for night time I think they would actually love this and benefit from the light texture.

As for the brightening effect that it claims I have not used it long enough and my skin honestly is already very healthy looking but it seems to be keeping my skin looking radiant. I have noticed my acne scarring isn't too noticeable anymore though which is awesome but I am not sure if it is from this.

I don't think I will buy this again just because I would rather have a day cream with an SPF but that is just a preference of mine. If you like a light day moisturizer with a light smell that absorbs very quickly and you don't care about sun protection then this is made for you!

Overall I give this one an A-
Pros: great day moisturizer, light smell, works well under makeup, formulation
Cons: price, doesn't specify use for day/night, too light for dryer skin, no SPF, packaging

<33 Caraalisa









No comments:

Post a Comment