Monday, December 26, 2011

Review: The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Emulsion

I purchased this a few months back on Sasa.com because I was interested in trying a moisture emulsion for the first time. I chose this one because of the rice ceramide which aids in protecting the barrier of the skin and has many other benefits. It also claims to fade dark spots which I need! Also its very affordable at under $7 (sometimes price fluctuates just a little).


Ingredients:
  • 【Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract】softens and moisturizes skin.
  • 【Ceramide 3】hydrates and repairs skin.
  • 【Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil】acts as a softener.
Click me for product info!

This is a light moisturizer for sure. I have worn it under makeup and it doesn't effect the lasting power of my foundation because it sinks in nicely (just don't forget SPF!). Althouht I wouldn't let this replace a night cream, I do like to use it in combination with my night cream. Its a thin, creamy consistency and you use a cotton pad to smooth it over the face (its kind of weird to spread a cream on with a cotton pad but o well) which helps get rid of makeup residue also.

I like to use this after I cleanse my face during the day at home just to have some moisture in my skin without having to worry about a shiny face. It soaks into the skin very well and leaves my skin perfectly balanced. It smells so good and if you have ever smelled the Body Shops Japan Yuzu & Rice Body Milk spray it definitely reminds me of that. It has that sweet rice smell to it but I cannot explain it. Just trust me its a good smell!

I also believe this is suitable for all skin types. It was one of the few things that didn't burn when my skin was extremely dry and peeling from some topical medication I was using. All of my other moisturizers stung but this was good to me during that time. Now that my skin is more oily in areas and dry in others it still has worked out for me.


My only gripe about this product is the packaging. The product is in a bottle and it comes out through a hole at the top. I'm almost halfway done with this so I have to squeeze the bottle so that I can get some out. The problem is that the plastic is so thick its very hard to squeeze. Sometimes I just shake the bottle until I can get it to trickle out of the hole. I think I would love this product even more if it had a pump. This is just minor and it wont stop me from purchasing again because I love it so much.

Overall I give this one an A-
Pros: smell, light, great for all skin types, price, awesome ingredients
Cons: packaging, can only order online that I know of :(


<33 Caraalisa

1 comment:

  1. hi! your review on this product was very helpful for me. i wanted to try this but wasn't sure, now i'm really considering buying it. i'm very intrigued by that 'topical medication' you were using that caused your skin to peel. i' like to know the results from that product and what it was :)

    ReplyDelete