Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review: Kenzia Moroccan Argan Oil...HATE! + Mini review on two other oils

So I found this oil when I was shopping at TjMax a while ago and it was $12.99. I was so excited about this because I had been looking specifically for an argan oil for my hair. I was thrilled this was so cheap compared to other oils that I have seen ranging in the $30-50 range.



I used this this for over a month because I just wanted to give this a fighting chance but I cant take it anymore!! This dries my hair out like no other. I even switched up my shampoo and conditioner to see if different hair combinations would make this product work better. I always had the same result even when I knew I used the shampoo and conditioner that worked great with my hair.

Let me tell you this product is very sticky and thick for a product claiming to be an oil in my opinion. When I looked into the bottle in the light it had chunks of buildup layered on the top. When it spreads onto the hair its very difficult to get this throughout your hair because of the thick texture. It also smells like lavender but that was probably the only positive thing about this product. There is just no way this product is retail $30! OUT IN THE GARBAGE IT HAS GONE. R.I.P....not really.

I decided to switch things up a bit to see if it was in fact this product destroying my hair. I got a different oil from Ulta called the El Erman Aragan Oil from Morocco by Hairganic which was $14.99. Still a resonable price! After using this oil one time my hair changed for the better. The texture was just as I wanted and it glides through the hair like a dream. The scent is also very nice. I knew it was the Kenzia because this new oil was a match made in heaven with my hair. So far I have used up the whole bottle and I am very sad about that. I always notice that there is only one maybe two or even sometimes no more bottles left on my local Ulta shelf so I am guessing people like this.

 Click to see the info on this fabulous stuff below

I then ventured out even more and decided to purchase the ever so famous Macadamia oil which I am currently using and this one is also quite lovely. If you would like a review on this let me know!

 So next time you go to TJMAX seriously avoid this Kenzia crap in a bottle. Instead go with the Hairganic. mhmmm.


Overall I give this one an F-
Pros: smell, packaging, price
Cons: thick, odd flakes of buildup in bottle, doesn't spread easily, makes my hair feel worse

Well have a lovely weekend dolls :)

<33 Caraalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment