Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Review: Burts Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

For when my skin is sensitive and dry, I love to use cream cleansers and this is one of my favorites. It has soap bark which is a natural soap. The reason I chose this particular cleanser was because of all the impressive ingredients. It claims to be 100% natural but while I don't think that is entirely true it does have a lot of recognizable products which is nice to see for a change.

Click here for complete info!

As you can tell I have used quite a bit of this and it is my third one. The consistency is the best. Its very thick white cream so its not going to slide around. What I hate most is a cream cleanser that is watered down and that disappears on my face. The smell is...interesting. It has a sort of herbal smell with a menthol behind it. I don't love the smell but it doesn't bother me at all. It's actually a bit refreshing and always brings me back to life in the morning, for sure.The most interesting thing about this cleanser is the sensation you get after you pat your face dry. It is extremely cooling. Avoid getting this in your eye area because the skin is too delicate for the menthol in this product. When I used my Clarisonic with this my skin was even cooler. Almost too cool but not burning. I want to warn people with extremely sensitive skin though. The menthol may be just too much to handle. Do a patch test.
My favorite way to use this is with a facial sponge similar to this on the right. I find that the cleanser sort of sinks into the sponge a little bit so usually I will use my fingertips to work the product in my face and then wet a sponge and then buff it in for some exfoliation.



Even though this product says it removes makeup I don't think it is thorough enough for heavy duty foundation and powder. When I use my toner afterwards I still get excess makeup so I always use a wipe before just to make sure.

My most loved thing about this product is that it doesn't make my face tight afterwards and I do not feel the need to use a moisturizer right away after. I will always continue to purchase this!


Overall I give this one an A!
Pros: consistency, mostly natural ingredients, packaging allows to get everything out, refreshing, inexpensive ($8.00)
Cons: cooling can be too much for sensitive skin, smell is a bit strong, doesn't remove makeup as effectively as I would like


<33 Caraalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment