Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review: Brazillian Peel

All the information on this product is at:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261612

Just for a bit of background, this is a clear scentless gel mask that you are supposed to use once a week for a month. It is a formula with 30% glycolic acid which is claimed to be professional strength but you can so at home.



I received one treatment of this product with my Clarisonic Plus purchase and I was actually quite frightened to try this. I am very sensitive to mask like products because they usually sting my sensitive areas so I waited until I felt my skin was ready to handle this acid based mask. The fact that this is in a syringe type of packaging makes it look a bit intimidating too I must admit!XD


I have to say that I am very happy I mustered up the courage to try this yesterday!

I cleansed my face and squirt the product in my hand then mixed it up with my fingers. As I mixed the product in my palm it got very warm but no burning sensations whatsoever.  As I begin to spread the mask on my face it doesn't feel as warm and it spreads easily. I leave it on for ten minutes and then wash it off just as directed.

When I left this on for the ten minutes it begins to dry quickly into a sticky gel so make sure that your hair is completely out of your way because it will STICK to your face. Its rather thick too and takes a while to completely wash it off the face. I had to keep splashing my face for a good five minutes until I felt that the residue was off. Also when I was splashing water with my face a little bit went into my mouth on accident and it tastes sour so make sure you close your mouth tight because you do not want to swallow any of this. I am happy to say that it caused NO redness or irritation at all even in the slightest. Even other traditional masks drugstore and high end have given me redness and stinging in the past with little results.  It did not leave my skin with any dry or tight feeling afterwards either which I love!

After I patted my face dry I noticed my face looked instantly smoother and my pores looked tighter. I could not believe how soft and smooth my skin was after I put my moisturizer on. Literally it felt like porcelain afterwards and even my boyfriend noticed. The day afterwards (today) my skin tone is almost perfect. It looks like I have at least a tinted moisturizer on because my complexion is so even and the glow to my skin is amazing.

When I have the money I do want to buy the four month treatment because I noticed a difference just after one time and I am curious about the progress my skin would make after four treatments!

If you tried this let me know what you think and if it worked for you!

Overall I give this one an A+
Pros: no redness/irritation, no smell, noticeable results after first use, easy/fast to use, no dryness afterwards
Cons: price, very sticky and annoying once it starts drying, takes few mins to wash off, tastes sour if it gets in mouth accidentally


<33 Caraalisa

No comments:

Post a Comment